The timeQplus Biometric system (TQ100 terminal) utilizes our Attendance Rx software.
The Attendance Rx software relies on your computer’s system clock to determine the time and date. Therefore, if your computer’s Windows operating system is properly updated for Daylight Saving Time, the Attendance Rx software will be correct as well.
However, the TQ100 terminal used in this system is not self-correcting for Daylight Saving Time. Its time is updated by the Attendance Rx software. For the terminal to be correctly updated for daylight saving time, it must be in communication with the Attendance Rx software.
- If your TQ100 is connected by Serial (Comm) port, the computer it is connected to must be left on over the weekend of the time change.
- If your TQ100 is connected via Ethernet (network cable) the computer on which the Attendance Rx Server is installed must be left on over that weekend.
The terminal time and display will be updated at the next polling cycle after the operating system update has occurred.
In order for your Acroprint system to correctly update for Daylight Saving Time, your computer’s Windows operating system must be properly configured for DST.
If you need assistance preparing your computer’s Windows operating system for Daylight Saving Time, Acroprint recommends following Microsoft’s guidelines.
- Click here to go to the Microsoft web site (www.microsoft.com)
- In the search field type daylight saving time — note there is no “s” at the end of saving.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the right of the search field.
This search will provide you with advice regarding properly preparing your computers for daylight saving time.[contact-support][support-contracts]
Need a replacement cable for your TQ100 clock? Considering upgrading to a newer solution for tracking time? Click here to visit the Acroprint Store for all your time and attendance needs![acro-dst]