Sometimes you may need to use a USB flash drive to upload employee punches from your TQ600 time clock / terminal to the timeQplus software. For instance, it could be that your network is down due to a server or router issue.
Normally you can simply wait until network connectivity is restored and poll the clocks. However, if you need the data uploaded right away for any reason (such as to process payroll), follow these steps:
- Insert a USB flash drive into the appropriate port on the terminal.
- Select Menu > PenDrive Mng > Download AttLog. When the data has been uploaded, remove the flash drive.
- Repeat for every terminal from which you need data.
- When you have collected the employee time data from all applicable terminals, go to a PC where the timeQplus software is installed. Plug the flash drive in to a USB port on the computer. You should see a file for each terminal that you loaded. The files will be named X_attlog, where “X” is the device number of the terminal.
- Open the System Utilities menu and click timeQplus Import USB Drive.
- Select the file to import and click Import Selected Files. The import should process fairly quickly.
- Repeat as necessary until you have imported the files from all terminals.
- Once all the files have been imported, close System Utilities.
You should now be able to validate your data and run payroll.
After network communications are restored, the software should resume polling the clocks as usual. The transactions uploaded via the flash drive will not be duplicated in the database.[contact-support][support-contracts]