The timeQplus software relies on your computer’s system clock to determine the time and date. Therefore, if your computer’s Windows operating system is properly updated for Daylight Saving Time, the timeQplus software will be correct as well.
However, any TQ600P proximity terminals, TQ600M magnetic-stripe terminals, TQ600BC barcode terminals or TQ600B biometric terminals used in this system are not self-correcting for Daylight Saving Time. For terminals to be automatically updated for Daylight Saving Time, they must be in communication with the timeQplus software. Remote (unconnected) terminals must be manually adjusted for the DST change.
- If your terminal is connected by Serial (Comm) port, the computer it is connected to must be left on over the weekend of the time change. The terminal time and display will be updated at the next polling cycle after the operating system update has occurred.
- If your terminal is connected via Ethernet (network cable), the computer on which the timeQplus server is installed must be left on over that weekend. The terminal time and display will be updated at the next polling cycle after the operating system update has occurred.
- If your terminal is remote (not connected to a PC or network), it must be manually adjusted for the DST change. Any punches entered after DST and before adjusting the time on the clock will not be correct and should be adjusted using the Punch Edit screen in the software.
In order for your timeQplus software to correctly update for Daylight Saving Time, your computer’s Windows operating system must be properly configured for DST.
If you need assistance preparing your computer’s Windows operating system for Daylight Saving Time, Acroprint recommends following Microsoft’s guidelines.
- Click here to go to the Microsoft web site (www.microsoft.com)
- In the search field type daylight saving time — note there is no “s” at the end of saving.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the right of the search field.
This search will provide you with advice regarding properly preparing your computers for daylight saving time.
Contact your local dealer or Acroprint Service if you need additional service or repairs. Acroprint Service is available Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8:00am until 5:00pm (Eastern). Click here to email our Service Department, or call us at 1-800-334-7190.
For extra peace of mind, contact Acroprint today at
Want to expand your timeQplus system with additional terminals? Need more badges? Click here to visit the Acroprint Store for all your timeQplus system supplies and accessories!
Ready to upgrade to the cloud? Click here to check out AcroTime, our powerful single-log-in, single database workforce management solution offering automatic DST updates, time & labor management, payroll services, scheduling, human resources tools and more.