Punches can be entered via PC or keyboard punch, through a biometric or badge terminal or inserted manually by a supervisor. To see which method was used to record a specific time entry / punch:
- Log in to the timeQplus software as an Administrator.
- Choose the Punch Editing menu option.
- From the dropdown lists at the top of the screen, select the employee you wish to view and the pay period you want to review.
- The software will display all the recorded time entries for that employee and pay period. In the first column for each record, you will see an abbreviation indicating the source of that record:
- PC means the punch was recorded via PC/Keyboard punch.
- CLK means the punch was recorded using a terminal / time clock.
- INS means the punch was manually entered.
- USB means the punch was uploaded via a USB thumb drive.
Contact your local dealer orAcroprint Support for additional assistance if needed. Acroprint support is available Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8:00am until 5:00pm (Eastern). Click here to email our Support Department, or call us at 1-800-334-7190 (Canada: call 1-866-514-3249). Note that per-incident charges may apply for telephone support.
Avoid per-incident charges for telephone support, get priority handling of support tickets and gain other valuable benefits — contact Acroprint today at 1-800-334-7190 for more information about a Software Support Contract.